Thursday, January 6, 2011

Past Favorites

I love traveling and photography, luckily I have a wife that enjoys the same things. Most of our traveling gets paid for by clients, so it makes for a awesome time. This semester we already have three weddings booked, even one in North Carolina. I love going new places and hope that photography can keep paying for the plane tickets.

Fall Portrait
ISO- 200
Aperture- 4.8
Shutter Speed- 1/160
Shot in Manual
Focal Length- 125mm
Nikon D90
Taken at 2:40 PM on a cloudy day in Rexburg on 10/23/2010

I took this photo last fall during a session for some roommates. I like the natural laugh and joy that it portrays. To get the coloring the way I have it I did a process called Lomo. They used to do it when developing film by bathing it in certain chemicals.



The Color of Love
ISO- 200
Aperture- 5.6
Shutter Speed- 1/80 sec
Shot in Manual
Focal Length- 75mm
Nikon D90
Taken at 11:53 AM in Boise Idaho on 11/6/2010

This photo is from an engagement session that I shot last fall in Boise Idaho. I touched up the colors and did a slight vignetting. After the session I went to the Boise State football Game, Go Broncos!



Street's Eye View
ISO- 200
Aperture- 3.5
Shutter Speed- 1/2500 sec
Shot in Manual
Focal Length- 18mm
Nikon D90
Taken at 5:30 PM in Seattle Washington on 9/2/2010

I took this photo walking down the catwalks and stairs from Pikes Place Market on my way to the waterfront in Seattle. I used a high pass in Photoshop to get the sharp crisp look to the photo.



Honor
ISO- 200
Aperture- 5.6
Shutter Speed- 1/800 sec
Shot in Manual
Focal Length- 105mm
Nikon D90
Taken at 11:02 AM in Washington DC to 8/28/2010

I took this photo at the 8-28 Restoring Honor Rally in Washington DC. I was lucky enough to capture this small part of the crowd from the WWII Monument forward to the Lincoln Memorial. There were still more people behind me all the way to the Washington Memorial. I used a high pass in this photo as well; it really helped the colors in the photo to pop.


The Band
ISO- 200
Aperture- 4.0
Shutter Speed- 1/100 sec
Shot in Manual
Focal Length- 28mm
Nikon D90
Taken at 5:29 PM in Toledo, Ohio on 8/26/2010

I took this while in Toledo, Ohio during a photo session with a young and upcoming band. They were a blast to work with and there was never a dull moment. I gave this photo sort of a grundgy look with a slight vignette and did an unsharp mask to make it clean and crisp.


Motor Love
ISO- 200
Aperture- F7
Shutter Speed- 1/200 sec
Shot in Aperture Priority
Focal Length- 26mm
Nikon D90
7/31/2010 in Jackson Wyoming at 12:23 PM

I took this on a wedding shoot in beautiful Jackson Wyoming. To give it the glowing effect I used a technique called Orton Effect. It was done in Photoshop.



Fireworks
ISO- 200
Aperture- F11
Shutter Speed- 30 sec
Shot in Manual
Focal Length- 22mm
Nikon D90
7/4/2010 in Victor Idaho at 10:28 PM

I shot this with a tripod so I could do the long exposure. I didn't do much in Photoshop other than worked with the colors to make them pop.

The Good Stuff
ISO- 200
Aperture- F22
Shutter Speed- 15 sec
Shot in Manual
Focal Length- 18mm
Nikon D90
8/11/2010 at 9:47 in Billings Montana

I found this really cool old book store in downtown Billings and was able to get into the back room where they keep all the valuable books. I shot this with a longer exposure so I could get the cool light glow from the light fixture above. Other than making it Black and White in Photoshop not much else was done on it.

Shadow Patterns
ISO- 100
Aperture- f5.6
Shutter Speed- 1/800 sec
Shot in Manual
Focal Length- 105mm
Nikon D90
7/8/2010 at 2:37 in the Kimball building

I saw these cool patterns and shapes on the ceiling and luckily I had my camera on hand. I shot this image in black and white and in Photoshop all I did was crop the image, increase the contrast, and used an unsharp mask.


Falling in Love at the Dunes

ISO- 100
Aperture- F5.6
Shutter Speed- 1/60 sec
Shot in Manual
Focal Length- 85mm
Nikon D90
7/15/2010 at 9:06PM at the St. Anthony sand dunes.

This photo was really fun to take and was even more fun to edit. Silhouettes I think are really fun so darkened the image a little bit and it worked perfectly.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos, Damen! I love the lines and shadows in the second to the last photo. You have some great talent here, and nice variety. Also, can you email me and let me know if you will be able to attend the lab session at the same time as class on Fridays? Or were you going to do the Saturday 10:00am option? Thanks and welcome to Digital Imaging. :)

    ReplyDelete