Sunday, January 16, 2011

Color Study

For my color study I chose to focus on "RED" and here are the results



Apples
Nikon D90
1/30 sec
F/2.2
Aperture Priority
ISO-200
35mm
1/13/2011 at 11:04 am in the MC Market

I wanted to show the small depth of field in this image so I put my camera on aperture priority and chose a low f-stop (2.2). By doing this both the foreground and the background are blurry while the center apple is in focus. I enhanced the colors in photoshop first in camera raw then with a saturation layer.





Red Tail
Nikon D90
1/50 sec
F9
Manual
ISO-100
55mm
1/15/2011 at 4:38 pm, south of west of Porter park.

In this shot I kept my depth of field small because of the lens that I was using (55mm low aperture fixed lens). I liked the effect that the biker being out of focus gives to the image. I also shot during the nice fog that we had roll through so it gave it kind of a dreamy feel as well. I sharpened the photo in Photoshop and also cloned out some scratches that were on the back bumper in Photoshop as well.




The Crossing
Nikon D90
1/60 sec
F 7.1
Aperture Priority
ISO 100
50mm
1/15/2011 at 4:36, west of Porter park.

This image I wanted to show everything in focus so I put my camera in aperture priority and set it to a higher f-stop. It is kind of hard to tell that everything is in focus because of the fog but it is. I loved the glow effect that the fog had on the photo so there was very little that needed done in Photoshop. I added a vignette the way Sister Esplin showed us in class and really liked how it made the image look.

2 comments:

  1. Your images turned out great. The red theme is great- the color is vibrant. I love the photographs out in the farms. You used the rule of thirds very well in the photograph of the silos, and the vintage effects you added do make the image pop. Nice bokeh on the apples, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both posts for this week! I especially liked the crossing image! You have AMAZING focus and sharpness on the light and great blur (i forget the fancy word for blur) in the background! Amazing job.

    ReplyDelete