Sunday, January 23, 2011

Flexible Edits

Before
After

Lone Tree
Nikon D90,1/160, Aperture Priority, F16, ISO-100, 116mm, 1/23/2011 at 1:22 PM.

I used a levels layer first to bring out the darks in the image, and then a black and white layer. After that I used a brightness and contrast layer to blow out the contrast to achieve this effect. I lastly used a unsharp mask to make all the plants look nice and sharp. I cloned out a few clutter bushes and moved one a little to make the shot more balanced. I think that the effect works well for this image.





Before

After
Nikon D90, 1/100, Manual, F 2.5, ISO-100, 50mm, 1/15/2011 at 4:19PM.

On this image I first used a levels layer to get the lights, mids, and shadows right where I wanted them. Then I used a black and white layer with a mask to bring the lock color forward. I applied a vignette to the border of the image next. Lastly I heavily used the unsharp mask because I wanted a ultra sharp picture to carry a gritty kind of feel to it.

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are AWESOME! You did a great job this week. The animal and plant pictures had great color and detail. I love your edits. I think the lock picture is my favorite. I like how it is B/W it makes the colors on the lock stand out so much. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your adjustments and edits on the picture of the lock. I liked the the color contrast that you created with the adjustments. The black that came out of your edit. All around I think your lock is a great edit and your choice of filters and adjustments really fit the subject.

    ReplyDelete