Sunday, February 13, 2011

Edge Effects

Alone
-Flexible Vignette-
1/27/2011 10:36 AM
1/80
F 1.8
ISO-200
50mm
Manual
Nikon D90

I shot this in the green house on campus. I added a flexible vignette by adding a blank layer and then filling it with a color I selected from the image. I then used the marquee tool to select a square in the middle of my image. I then deleted out the selection so the picture would show through in the middle and leave a colored border. I lowered the opacity so a the image would show through the picture a little bit and my flexible vignette is done.



Squiggles
-Burned Border-
1/27/2001 10:04 AM
1/100
F1.8
ISO 100
50mm
Manual
Nikon D90

I shot this image in the green house as well. I put a burned border on this image by duplicating the layer, selecting multiply in the blending modes on that layer and then selecting a square with the marquee tool in the middle of the image. I deleted out the square revealing the original image beneath. I then reselected the previous selection under the selection tab and went to the modify option ( also under the selection tab) and added a border of 4px. I next added a new layer and with the white paint bucket I filled the selection of the border giving it the white accent border.


Wooden Pear
-Brushed on Border-
2/3/2011 10:34 AM
1/25
F 1.8
ISO 100
35mm
Manual
Nikon D90

I shot this image in a art class room in the Spori. I added a brushed on border by first adding a new layer. Then I filled the new layer with a color I selected from the picture with the eye dropper. Next I moved the new colored layer underneath the image layer after unlocking the image layer. Then I deleted the image and selected the history brush, chose a specific brush and started painting the image back on.

1 comment:

  1. Damen,

    I thought your Wooden Pear picture was great. You found it just sitting somewhere in the Spori? I'm going to have to hunt in the empty classrooms from now on. But I thought the brushed on border was very appropriate for the pear picture. Good choice! I also liked your Squiggles picture. Very good use of Bokeh. I like its personality. Good job!

    ReplyDelete